Here you'll find answers to questions regarding Cloudbeds & WebLock integration
How to sign up for Cloudbeds WebLock integration?
Prior to activation of the service a contract needs to be signed between the hotel and Valnes AS. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to connect WebLock with Cloudbeds for the first time?:
- To connect Cloudbeds to your WebLock account, in Cloudbeds go to Manage > Apps and Integrations > Marketplace > Select Valnes > Connect App
- Please specify e-mail address from which your guests will get the mail from. For example: "YOUR HOTEL <email@example.com>".
- Please specify to which e-mail you would like to receive e-mail blind copy (bcc). This can be used by personnel to verify if the mail was sent.
- Based on the domain we generate e-mail DKIM records that we send to you so your e-mail service provider can add these to DNS records. This is required for WebLock to send mails from your domain.
- Please specify e-mail subject.
- Please specify e-mail body. Following info can be tagged into the body: Guests name, room number, pin-code.
- How many digits does a pin-code generated by WebLock need to have. Most of our customers use 4 digit codes, some use 5 or 6 digit codes.
- If you want the pin-code to be sent to guest via SMS in addition to e-mail, a separate agreement is in order. In case if SMS needed, we also need input for SMS sender name (limit 11 characters) and SMS body (limit 140 characters). Please keep in mind that if guest name is included in SMS, the amount of characters in SMS body will vary which is reserved to guests name.
Specific functionality of the integration:
Cloudbeds integration is to create pin-codes in WebLock cloud-based access control. Hotel can choose on which reservation status the pin-codes will be generated:
- Booking confirmation event. This means that the code will be generated for the room at the confirmation time but not sent out before x hours before check-in time. For example if a guest books 1 week ahead then the guest will not get the code immediately but for example 48 hours prior check-in time. NOTE: If guest receives the code 48 hours prior, code is not active. Code will become active starting from check-in time or when checked in manually from Cloudbeds.
- Check-in event: When reservation status is changed to "check-in", pin-code is generated.
- When code is generated, Cloudbeds reservation will display the access code linked to the reservation under "show more" for the Front Desk team's convenience.
- Valnes will automatically update the status of the reservation to in-house when the access code has been used (optional per property).
- Once the property is requested via Marketplace an internal mapping of rooms is done by Valnes team before proceeding with activation.
- Once the mapping is completed and connected, an email template is created automatically by Valnes and the property has the possibility to edit the template according to its needs.
- The property will need to manually add their desired email schedule e.g. 24 hours before arrival/day of arrival under the "Create email schedule" tab within Cloudbeds
Optional: In addition to sending pin-codes via e-mail, hotel can choose to send the code with SMS also. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for activation of the feature.
What are the limitations of the integration?
Rooms mapping with Cloudbeds and WebLock needs to be done before the automatic pin-code generation feature can be used. Internal rooms is currently done by Valnes team during installation before activation, the property will not be performing the room mapping, any additional rooms created on Cloudbeds will need to be communicated to Valnes team in order to update the room mapping. Please contact email@example.com
How to disconnect the apps?
To cancel the service please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The access code is unique to each room reservation.
WebLock supports WebLock hardware and we're open to integrate 3rd party hardware. Please contact email@example.com
Didn't find your answer here?
Questions about contract terms - firstname.lastname@example.org
Need technical support - email@example.com